Friday, June 15, 2012

Lemon Pound Cake (Deoderant)

Yesterday my girlfriends and I made deodorant.

I innovated on the recipe I saw on Frugally Sustainable and tried out a few weeks ago.   That deodorant works beautifully but I am a little sick of the chocolatey smell.
So here is my new recipe.

Lemon Pound Cake (Deoderant)

1 tbsp raw coconut butter
1 tbsp beeswax
1 tbsp shea butter
1 tbsp coconut oil

(I melt those, then add)

2.5 tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tbsp baking soda

Mix in and stir until toothpasty.  I use chopsticks for this.

Add 2 capsules vitamin E oil (but I used primrose oil, just for fun this time).

When cooled down almost completely add 2 capsules of shelf-stable probiotic.  I used PB8's.

And I squeezed about 6-8 drops of lemongrass essential oil into the mix. Mix it up.

Then scoop into a nice little pot.

I ADORE the smell of this deodorant and I put it next to the sink in my bathroom with no lid on and smell it whenever I go past.

It smells just like I think the lemon pound cake would smell at Starbucks.


1 comment:

  1. Ok! You are asking for it now. Creme brûlée , lemon pound cake... If you come up with a coconut creme pie one, we are gonna have some issues....

    : 0 )

    ReplyDelete