Friday, June 29, 2012

Interesting TEDtalk

As we are planning to make a documentary about health this year, I have been scanning the internet looking for good documentaries and information on Type II Diabetes and chronic disease in general.  There is so much out there and while the numbers are depressing, there is a lot of hope about possible solutions.

I am particularly interested in how by overcoming these global health issues local communities, and therefore the people can be empowered.  Big pharmaceuticals and the food industry have too much input in how we live.

My sister-in-law sent me a link to this TEDmed talk by Dr. Mark Hyman.  I have read a few of his books over the years, my favorite being the Ultramind Solution.  The most enduring idea that has stuck with me has been the importance of eliminating sugar in the diet.  It is the hardest thing to do.  Especially as that includes anything that turns into sugar such as bread and wine.

I enjoyed the TEDtalk and wanted to share it with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment