Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A camping we will go...

A few months back a bunch of us decided to go camping.  I have never taken my family camping although I camped many times as a kid.  Other families that came had some experience and another family had never been camping ever!

We wanted a gentle camping experience with clean bathrooms, a family oriented atmosphere and not too far away from home. We chose to go to Hammonassett Beach State Park in Connecticut.  It has a large, well organized camp site only an hour away, perfect for bike riding and surrounded by decent restaurants, grocery stores and Starbucks...need I say more.

We all thought this would be a great summer activity for our children. Three days of play time and the freedom to ride their bikes and scooters, play board games and do what kids do with minimal parent interference.  We wanted them to feel free.
























1 comment:

  1. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    You made this adventure possible.
    You understood my trepidation and my cancellation and you found a way to help me overcome my fears and grow as a person.
    The person I woke up as yesterday is not quite the same person I am right now.
    That is so powerful and rare!

    Thank you for your gift of friendship. I treasure it!

    ReplyDelete