Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Perth

I haven't been blogging a lot.  I have been overwhelmed with getting the holiday organized and packing up to go to Perth for Christmas.  It has been 8 years since I have had Christmas in Australia and all of my siblings, their children and my parents are here with me.  The weather is divine and we are all thrilled to have the next three weeks together.

I am now on the other side of the world but my heart is still breaking for Sandy Hook.  It is not something you can leave behind. Everyone here is very sad for those affected by the grave atrocity. I wake up and still am in denial that this happened.  I just can't comprehend the horror of it. The devastating heartbreak is just too much.

Now I am trying to concentrate on being in the moment.  I don't want to move on. And I want to truly appreciate every moment I am here.


This is my beautiful niece Cezanne who is 3 years old and our little joy.  She is extremely loving and her older cousins adore her.


We woke up early this morning (4:30am) and went to the beach.


Claire had been craving sausages and toast from this breakfast place on the beach...so we went.


It is extremely relaxing here.  Claire has spent time explaining to her aunty how to use Instagram.



Tristan has been playing  Minecraft with his cousin, Hugo. ( I know...surprise, surprise)


Mostly we have been sitting about enjoying each others company.


We did run out to visit the Little Hug Workshop to get some card making supplies and reconnect with long time family friends.  Jan suggested I try a game with the children she used to play with her students as an art teacher.  I will write a blog about it as soon as I trial it as it is an art game that     reminds me of instant challenges in Destination Imagination.  We bought some beautiful cards and had a delicious lunch before coming home to friends. 



....and found (by the way) the largest paperback I have ever seen.


Each day goes so fast in Australia.  I can't appreciate the seconds enough.  I am cherishing this time....and did I mention that I saw dolphins in the Swan river out of the window as I was having my morning coffee?  Yes I did....




















1 comment:

  1. Ah, Damn. I want dolphins and a river named swan...
    Seriously, enjoy your time in a beautiful place with beautiful people. You'll be back in the cold before you know it! Miss you guys!...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete